Travel light, bring with you easy to wash and dry technical gear, leave behind useless stuff.
Rome, 13 July 2015
My bike is a GIANT MTB Talon 2, 26".
I know that there are better bikes and worse bikes, but i love my blue beauty!
The plan is to take a train all the way up to Passau (germany) and ride along the Danube on the longest european cycling track that reaches Budapest (approximately 550Km).
- fixing tools (tip top is a must, i found some glueless solutions at Decathlon and they work greatly)
- helmet (i know my ride won't be a crazy one, but is always best to bring one along)
- biking shoes
- k-way (is august yes, but you'll regret it if you leave it behind)
- lights (for my night tours)
- reinforced biking shorts (x2 – yeah guys you have to wash one every once in a while...)
- x2 extra tube
- tent (I found a special offer for a Ferrino Lightent 2)
- sleeping bag
- foldable lightweight pillow
- inflatable rubber bed (matress)
- x3 underwear
- x3 socks
- x1 hoody
- x1 microfiber towel (easy to dry)
- 3 meters of rope to hang stuff to dry
- flip flops (oh... you will love your flip flops after a long day cycling)
- toothbrush + toothpaste
- extra battery
- GoPro 4 Silver Edition (i will try to film some videos)
- Nikon D40
- 1x elastic rope
If you really want to enjoy nature and your ride... do not put earplugs in your ears to listed to music! I love the sounds of nature, is part of the journey. So to me, music is okay only at night, in my tent.
This time i won't be traveling with Margot, my dog, and is a pity... but I am saving money for a big gift for her, and the train tickets for the two of us would be too expensive (especially because you have to get a whole cabin for yourself when traveling with pets).
I am ready to go!